INVITATION FOR BIDS
The Washoe Housing Authority (WHA) located at Gardnerville, NV is requesting
bids from qualified firms or individuals with substantial grading, paving,
drainage experience to bring two residential lots to grade and correct the
drainage issues per engineered plans. Proposals received after this time
October 23, 2009 5:00 PM PST will be considered non-responsive and returned to
The Scope of Work will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the
1. Grade lots to engineering specs.
2. Furnish and install six (6) inches of aggregate base per plans.
3. Furnish and install three (3) inches of compacted asphalt per plans.
4. Apply fog seal to newly installed asphalt per plans.
5. Install necessary drainage abatement measures per plans.
6. Complete all work to engineering specs and local codes.
7. Awarding contractor will be required to provide a performance bond equal to
the amount of the contract.
Firms or individuals responding to this Invitation for Bids shall have at least
the following qualifications:
1. Hold a current contractor’s license for paving, within the state of
Nevada or California.
2. Be able to obtain a performance bond for the amount of contract.
Firms of individuals responding to this Invitation for Bids must submit at least
1. An itemized bid amount, to complete the scope of work.
2. Date available to complete the scope of work.
3. If applying for Indian preference, include the following necessary qualifying
A. Evidence showing the extent of Indian ownership, control, and interest.
B. Evidence of structure, management, and financing affecting the Indian
character of the enterprise, including major subcontracts and purchase
agreements; materials or equipment supply arrangements; and management salary or
profit sharing arrangements; and evidence showing the effect of these on the
extent of Indian ownership and interest.
C. Evidence sufficient to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the housing
authority that the individual or firm has the technical, administrative, and
financial capability to perform this contract.
D. Evidence to show, at least 51% of the firm is qualified, as an Indian owned
enterprise, as defined in 24 CFR 1000.
TDHE will determine the most responsive bid by the bid price.
1. Cost to complete the scope of work.
Plans can be picked up the Washoe Housing Authority office, which is located at
1588 Watasheamu Drive Gardnerville, NV.
Responses shall be addressed to Ryan Wetzel, Resource Coordinator/Compliance
Manager, Washoe Housing Authority, 1588 Watasheamu Drive Gardnerville, NV 89460.
The TDHE reserves the right to reject any and all proposals in the best interest
of the TDHE.