Role of the WTGC:
The WTGC is the Tribe’s regulatory body that will enforce applicable tribal, state and federal laws as related to gaming, including but not limited to, the requirements of the Tribal – State Gaming Compact with the State of Nevada, Title 21 and Title 37 of the Washoe Law & Order Code, the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, and the Minimum Internal Controls Standards adopted by the WTGC and the National Indian Gaming Commission.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Commissioner-At-Large shall act as the Secretary in his or her absence and must perform such other duties as are properly designated by the WTGC’s Chairperson. The Commission has quarterly meetings and are required to attended trainings to become familiar with Tribal gaming.
Qualifications Set forth in Title 21:
- At least a majority of the Commissioners shall be Washoe Tribal members, Members of the Council may serve as Commissioners of the WTGC.
- At least one Commissioner must be selected with special reference to training and experience in the fields of investigation, or law. At least one Commissioner shall be chosen with special reference to training and experience in the fields of accounting, finance, economics, or commercial Gaming. At least one Commissioner shall be chosen with special reference to training or experience in public or business administration.
- No Person may be appointed to the WTGC unless the Tribal Council is satisfied that the Person has no interest in any private Gaming activity on the Washoe Reservation or any activity which may have interests in conflict with the lawful and effective regulation of gaming operations on the Washoe Reservation.
- When chosen, selected person must submit to and be able to pass a background check to the same level as that required of employees as set forth in Title 21-70-20.
The appointment to the WTGC, is the remainder, of a three year term, ending in November, 2020. Appointments are made by the Washoe Tribal Council.
- The WTGC will review the submissions, possibly hold interviews, and then will submit recommendations(s) to the Tribal Council.
- Tribal Council makes a final selection at a Tribal Council meeting and officially appoints the individual by resolution.
Letter of Interest Submission:
Please submit a letter of interest describing why you should be selected and a resume.
Submit all documents to:
Washoe Tribe of NV and CA
attn: Washoe Tribal Gaming Commission
919 Hwy 395 North
Gardnerville, NV 89410
Fax: (775) 265-6240
Any Questions Contact:
Greg T. Weyland
Washoe Tribal Gaming Commission
(775) 265-8600 ext. 10500